Today’s a first for me because I’m posting twice in one day. Kind of crazy, I know, but I had my post about the Boston Marathon all ready to go when I remembered today is the Friday 5 link-up with Courtney at Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar at Mar on the Run, and Cynthia at You Signed up for What?! Today’s subject is too good to miss.I’ve been challenged to name 5 of my favorite blogs right now, which is way harder than I thought it would be because I read so many great ones for so many different reasons.
1. The Bloggess. I found Jenny Lawson’s blog, The Bloggess, through listening to the audiobook of Let’s Pretend this Never Happened while training for the New York City Marathon last year. Listening to her read her own memoir, I would alternate between laughing my ass off and wanting to cry, all while running through the streets of my city, looking like a crazy person. After finishing the audiobook, I started following her blog, which is a glimpse into the life of her eccentric genius. She is wickedly funny, has a penchant for taxidermy, and is totally honest about her struggles in life.
2. It’s a Marathon AND a Sprint. This running blog is written by two women, Colby and Tina, two self-described “forty-somethings,” which instantly endeared them to me because they’re in my age range and they kick so much ass at races and triathlons. They’re hilarious, finding humor in the most mundane things: Um, the pumpkin spice phenomenon, anyone? They can be serious, too. It’s a perfect mix, basically.
3. Lily Runs the World. Lily is a running and travel blogger who is currently wrapping up a several-month stay in Europe. She writes really interesting posts about her experiences and her photos are gorgeous. I love Paris and she loves Paris, so any blog with a shit-ton of photos of Paris is an automatic 4-star in my book. Lily’s voice and eye, though, bumps her blog up to a 5.
4. Eat, Pray, Run DC. This blog is newer to me but I have already started reading it religiously. Courtney runs for Oiselle and writes about her life, which is a happy maelstrom of running, being newly wed, blogging, and running her own business. I particularly like and appreciate her posts about how to be a better blogger, and have already implemented several of her tips.
5. Born & Raced in Chicago. Andrea is also a Oiselle runner and, like me, lives in the Pacific Northwest. I enjoy reading her blog because she’s a regular runner like myself, is close to my age range, and–most importantly–has amazing weekly menus! I wish I was that organized. I have found some great recipes through her blog. As a mom with a full-time job out of the house and 2 picky kids, I need all the inspiration I can get.
I hope you’re inspired to check out these blogs. I wouldn’t steer you wrong!
What are some of your favorite blogs?