…I have some confessions. 10 confessions, in fact.
My friend Tricia at A Couple of Dashes tagged me in the 10 Confessions Challenge. The rules?
- Confess 10 things that are either embarrassing, something nobody knows about, or that are a guilty pleasure.
- Tag 10 people.
Here are my 10 confessions, in no particular order:
1. I can’t drive a stick-shift.
So embarrassing! I tried learning multiple times in my late teens and in my 20s, but I could never figure it out. I consider myself to be a self-sufficient, independent boss-lady, so this is deeply humiliating to me
2. I was once mistaken for Kristi Yamaguchi.
I don’t know why. I’m half-Chinese, she’s Japanese. Perhaps this is more embarrassing for the person who made the mistake.
3. I’ve had a potty mouth since the 1st grade.
I learned how to swear on the playground of my Catholic grade school. And I still swear like a truck driver!
4. I’m scared of most birds.
You know, like pigeons, seagulls, starlings. And other species. I say “most” because I’m not that scared of pretty little birds like finches, as long as they’re separated from me by glass or wire, or by at least 50 feet.
5. I’ve never read To Kill a Mockingbird.
You probably don’t think that this counts as an embarrassing confession, but it does. I was an English major and am a voracious reader. I’m ashamed I’ve never been able to read Harper Lee’s masterwork from cover to cover. Maybe it’s because it has “bird” in the title??
6. I can’t dribble a basketball.
Good thing I like running!
7. Due to a fear of tweezers, I shaved my eyebrows in junior high school.
Gawd. Seriously, that was one of the worst decisions I ever made. Eyebrow-shaping is next to impossible when using a razor. Fortunately, my brows grew back.
8. I chose my college for a boy.
This also ranks up there with one of the worst decisions ever. Ever ever. I decided to follow my then-boyfriend to college instead of going to the college I really wanted to attend. Poor choice. Thank God I didn’t make the same mistake with grad school.
9. I love cry-porn.
Not familiar with the term “cry-porn?” Maybe it’s because I’m the only one who uses it. I actually Googled that search term to see if it’s in common-usage and I can assure you it’s not. At least not in the way I use it. So what does it mean? It means I love movies, books, commercials–anything, really–that makes me cry. I enjoy catharsis, in the true meaning of the word. “Terms of Endearment?” Love. We Are Not Ourselves? Love. That Wal-Mart commercial with the kid who’s dad is in Afghanistan and won’t be home for Christmas? Love.
[Pro Tip: Don’t use your work computer to Google any search terms containing p_____. Trust me on this one.]
10. If I could be anything in the world, and talent wasn’t an obstacle, I would be a Broadway musical actress.
No joke, folks. I love show tunes and am as cheesy as Chester Cheetah.
Okay, here comes the tagging part:
- Tara at Running ‘n’ Reading.
- Marilyn at Travis and Marilyn.
- Lily at Lily Runs the World.
- Laura at Laura Running Wild.
- Courtney at Eat, Pray, Run DC.
- Salt at Run Salt Run.
- Jenny at Run Jenny Run.
- Kristin at Readysetko.
- Lisa at Lisa Runs for Cupcakes.
- Bradley at Bradley on the Run.
Tag, guys, you’re it!
What is something really embarrassing or funny about you?